Attitude does matter.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Recap from the last post about the managing editor and my EGO boss... I finally presented my resignation letter  on the same day and officially the company after a month. I have mixed feeling on how I was but I managed to speak to Mr. Managing Editor on my last day, apparently he almost said the same things as Mr. Boss which made me think... "Oh... he doesn't have any idea what to speak about... or they've planned to finalize what they're going to speak to me in case I asked?". Anyway, some good feedbacks I received from him was that I have good qualities and manners, which means to me that that didn't have those qualities and manners.. (Actually he really doesn't have manners... he curses all the time).

Since they are top management and I was only a normal staff, I was thinking they are probably right. Mr. Boss said something to me... like... "Why you are looking characters not the content?". If you know me well, (hahaha) I was google a nice quote about characters. From Albert Einstein, "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character". Don't you think Mr. Managing Editor and Mr. Boss lacking in this both? I must say so.

After almost a month unemployed, I was hired by one of the well-known banking institution. I was so excited and the procedure was really strict. I had 2 days induction, having tour around the building, get to know more about the company and many more informative talks. My first day was marvelous, it makes me think this is the community which is best suit me. Why? They practice very good attitude and manners... and it is really obvious that they are following the rule without whining because they knows what are the BENEFITS of doing so.

2 days induction was really worth. They way I look at people changed, I don't even discriminate people around me. And I love going for work. This week I had my first training about sales, going through 3 days of Sales Interactive Training and it was fun and informative. We had fun and learn new things as well.

It happened that I left my mobile at one of the cyber cafe computer and only realize it after I get on the bus. I get down after the bus stopped and walked to my workplace back again. I really thought that if it is still not there, somebody must took it which I would never got it back. It wasn't there, as expected. I was wandering around and went to the bus stop thinking of going to the Digi to get a new sim and block that sim buy a cheap phone. Then I remembered that I didn't tried to call my phone yet. I rushed to the receptionist and saw the cleaner and asked him if he seen my phone. Yes, they have it at the receptionist. The cleaner gave it and it was put as lost and found item.

So, my have all my positive perception over my current company. I wish I can see Mr. Managing Editor and Mr. Boss tell them that ATTITUDE DOES MATTER!

xoxo
Chibi

0 comments: