Charcoal

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Drawing with charcoal never been easy. I hardly control the tone and too easy to smudge it (which makes charcoal looks more fine). But I tried it anyway, and this is my first attempt:

It wasn't that good, right? At least I tried.

Compare to the grade pencils I sketched earlier...


and this is my 2nd trial. This is obviously lack of shades. hehe. Should make it darker for some areas.

Okay, won't stop trying coz I've to start writing the proposal already. Gosh, have to find the reference book and so on and on and on.

I am so busy up to the end of this year.. pheeww~

xoxo
chibi

4 comments:

alchemy said...

anyway, nice try...
1st sketching - maybe your pencil is too thick

2nd - quite dull

3rd - a lilbit better

i never learn sketching very detail but just my 2 cents. hehe... but used to learn engineering drawing during SPM

anyway, keep on trying and practice~

chibi said...

hye alchemy.. thanks.

this is not pencil, it's charcoal. (refer to the title). If you ever use charcoal before, it's hard to control compare to pencil.. contra shading makes it looks more real.

I took engineering drawing during SPM too.. :) and I was best student for Form 4 Final Exam. (^_~)

alchemy said...

wow~ very impressive. u r smart~ i was not the best for engineering drawing but among the best la. hehehe... i love autocad very much... but conventional drawing also very2 interesting la. hv u ever heard ajay de? master of charcoal painting. i know him through readers digest May 2010. http://www.ajayde.com/ig/pro/ajayde/

very interesting. check it out

chibi said...

im quite new in charcoal.. not really into it coz I love painting. I'll check out that website and probably get a copy of RD too :)